View Single Post
Old 04-29-2005, 05:47 AM

Default Re: Future of RakeBack at Party Skins

This is from another post (name below) in this forum and thought I may get an answer here.

Quote: Re: how do these rakeback providers not get caught? [Re: LinusKS]
#2272244 - 04/29/05 01:55 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They're under pressure from their legitimate affiliates - the ones that don't offer rakeback. An affiliate who doesn't offer rakeback can't compete against the ones that do.

Also, rakeback has created a tremendous incentive for Party players to move to other skins, or to create second accounts, so that they can get in on the action. The point of affiliates, remember, is to generate new players, not to cannabalize the existing player base. The majority of rb deals - I'd be willing to bet - go to players who already have at least one account.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DISCLAIMER -- If I misunderstand any of the inner-workings of iGlobalMedia and it's relationship to PTY, forgive me and please correct me.

This (above quote) is exactly what makes me wonder why the the future of Empire and co. have anything to worry about --
Is it not iGlobalMedia that is truly running the show here thus rendering the precise skin of "Party Poker" as expendable? I'm not seeing how "Party Poker" is absolutely essential other than for origninality; but even then, it's not as if PP has marketed itself to the point of being irreplaceable, no?

Case in point, if Empire/Euro/etc. are generating PLENTY 'O MONEY for iGlobalMedia, what does iGlobalMedia care? Are Empire and co. accountable directly to PP?

Maybe I misunderstand the importance of PP to iGlobalMedia's marketing strength?