View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 09:14 PM

Default Re: Two Turn Checks vs. NemesisXX

[ QUOTE ]
hi dane. dont like them.

in hand 1 flop call is good, but bet the turn. hes overaggro and hes not folding a 3. there are gonna be times when he checkraises the turn with a 2 and youre losing value since you could 3bet. a good player should be checking the river quite a bit with a 3 in that spot.

hand 2 i see no reason whatsoever to check the turn. bet and take it down. river is a good value raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Tstone. In hand 1 I'm pretty sure this player wouldn't be checking the turn with a 2 or 3. She might with an Ace but I still think she usually bets it. She's a pounder--I've never seen her use the screwplay before. So I think she has air here a high percentage of the time.

For hand 2, you see no reason to check, but I see no reason to bet. Nemesis almost always has dick and MP will bet himself if he picked up any sort of draw that he'd call with. In a pot so small isn't it worth more to force mistakes than to take it down? Plus in addition to letting them make a mistake by bluffing I'm also likely to be payed on the river if it gets checked through and someone picks up a pair. Thoughts?