View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 02:48 AM

Default Screwing around on micro limits--was this stupid?

I've been on a bit of a downswing so I was playing some Bodog $10NL to shore up my confidence. Bodog has no PT compatability so I apologize for the imperfect formating.

No reads except that everyone is terrible. This table will call anything which is why I was so passive.
Note: This is not how I play at higher stakes.

Hero is CO with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

2 limpers, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checked to hero, hero checks

Turn 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Checked to hero, hero checks

River 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB checks, MP1 goes all-in, MP2 calls, hero calls

I would NEVER call this at a higher limit because the overcall pretty much guarantees a flush. But I figure that with these players there's a a better than 1/3 chance that they both have a wheel and I win with the 6-high straight. Or one could easily have two pair or even just top pair. Does this sound reasonable or just stupid? I only need to win 1/3 time for this to be profitable.

Results below:
<font color="white">Actually BB has 68 clubs for the flush and rakes a massive (for micro limit) $40 pot. So the other two players had hands I probably beat, barring an unlikely 67. </font>