View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 06:25 PM

Default Re: Do LAGS have more fun, and other important questions

Jeez, whats with all the psych posts coming to SSHUSH? I mean, of course you love this forum, it rocks, but don't you think psych people will get jealous?

The following answers assume one very large assumption - that poker playing LAGs are reflecting the way the way they live the rest of their lives. Many LAGs will otherwise be totally different in their "normal" life.

That given...

[ QUOTE ]
(1) Do they have more fun?

[/ QUOTE ]

LAGs throw caution to the wind and don't care much about risk. I imagine people like this have more "fun" (a pertinent example of social LAGs would be those from the MTV show Jackass) than risk managers, but end up in many more sticky situations.

[ QUOTE ]
(2) Do they have a shorter lifespan, both in poker terms and in "real life"?

[/ QUOTE ]

This one is hard to quantify. Successful business LAGs, for example, door-to-door salespeople (relying on charisma, a strong image and persistence) may have longer poker lives as they will have an income to lose at the tables.

As for long life, i imagine LAGs smoke and drink a lot, but may also work out, caring as they do about a strong image.

[ QUOTE ]
(3) Do they have huge, insufferable egos outside of poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

I imagine they will care a lot about their image. Whether they brag depends on their upbringing and culture; they will either be vocal egotists or will be the sort of people who hate to get their reality shattered and thus don't talk about their business.

[ QUOTE ]
(4) Do they have more sex?

[/ QUOTE ]

DEFINITELY. LAGs don't care about risk, so they will approach more women, be more forward and care less about repercussions. many LAGs will get more ass than Heathrow airport's toilet seats.

[ QUOTE ]
(5) Do they brake for animals?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think even LAGs are deliberate animal killers.

[ QUOTE ]
(6) Do they brush in between meals?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do they brush?

[ QUOTE ]
(7) Do they care about global warming?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell, no!

[ QUOTE ]
(8) Do they believe in life after poker, or life after death, and do they believe there is a difference?

[/ QUOTE ]

a) LAGs have too much fun living life to care about the future.
b) LAGs aren't necessarily poker addicts, and could get on fine without poker, so saying life after death = life after poker is a bit farfetched.

How do they suit? Thinking of becoming a LAG, Wynton?