Thread: $100 Bankroll
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2005, 08:38 AM

Default Re: $100 Bankroll

What kind of advice are u looking for? You can’t really believe that it’s a good risk/reward to buyin for 1/3 of your bankroll, into a high variance MTT?
If you would like to get the most fun out of the 100$ it might be a good plan.

I started up at Primapoker one year ago, with 10 Swedish kronor (about one dollar). I began with sports betting, betting 1/10 of my bankroll on each occasion. I knew I had a high risk of ruin, but didn’t care much. I was lucky with this and my bankroll increased to about 50 dollars in 7 weeks. I took those 50 and played 0.01/0.02 NL holdem (or something like that). Eventually I manage to doubble to 100, but I didn’t like cash games so I began to play S&G until I had around 500$.
At the same time I was heater at Partys 10+1 and 20+2, which I had been playing a while. So I decided to take some chances with my 500 at Prima. My long term goal was to succeed in the MTT and now I had a good opportunity, so I began playing 10+1 with the idea to drop down to something else if I get under 300$.
I dropped down to 300 in a week, and went back to S&Gs while lurking around at the 2+2 S&G and MTT forums. Read HoH 1 and 2.
Had my first big money finish about four weeks ago (2 at Prima 10+1re/ad). And have followed that with another 2 and a win (I am a heater).
My bankroll has grown from 1 to 12000 dollars [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]