View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 08:47 AM

Default Re: Who should be sided with in this fantasy football situation?

[ QUOTE ]
Look, if it's an online league, then it's a league that demands computer access. I am my league's commissioner, and if someone called me at 11:30AM on a Sunday to tell me their starting lineup changes, I'd:
1) Be pissed off because I do not wake up on Sunday UNTIL (or sometimes after) the games have started.
2) Tell them to go F themselves.

If you don't care enough to plan further ahead than a half hour, you're a douchebag idiot who shouldn't expect the commissioner to do your work for you...and that kind of dedication is deserving of a loss.

[/ QUOTE ]
This happens all of the time in fantasy football. You make changes on gameday. Sometimes it's injuries or weather or match-ups, but you make changes. If the guy got laid last night and the girl doesn't have a computer, or if his server is down, it's not his fault.

I had a situation this year where one of the guys in my league was at my house trying to change Greg Jones for Tatum Bell at the last minute when he heard that Fred Taylor was going to start. Even though it was 12:58 Yahoo had locked the line-up. He called the commissoner and the guy he was playing, used me as a witness and ended up in a tie instead of winning by a point.

Being commish is more than just running the draft and paying out money. You have to be the moderator for all decisions. And you have to run the league.