View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 07:37 PM

Default Re: ATo flops some broadway, how many misplays?

Preflop: It is unlikely that I can isolate the limpers. BB is pretty loose passive and SB is only slightly more reasonable. What are we advocating here: Call, Raise or Fold?

Turn: Given that MP respects my bets, I don't see a bet as being +EV. In the game, I essentially autobet, but after the fact didn't like it.

The pot is small, and he likely is putting me on an ace. He's competent enough to fold any Q, J or straight draw. If he's calling my turn bet, he either has a weak ace (which is a chop), has me beat, or called the flop with exactly Kx or T9 of spades.

On the other hand, he may bet or call with a Q on the end if I check the turn, and I certainly wouldn't mind a Q, J or T hitting on the river if his hand improves. A spade could be bad and a K could chop, but it's pretty unlikely he has the spades, and he's more likely to be holding a K than looking for one.

While there is some risk involved, the pot is small and a check looks good to me. The river plan is to call a bet or bet if checked to. Anybody like?