View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 02:47 PM

Default Re: farnsworth to the yanks?

for all the yankee fans who dont like this pickup, what exactly is the downside? is everyone saying this is a bad deal because he did really well in ATL and they think that means he will suck in NY? first off hes a young pitcher, hes 29 now and a lot of his bad years were when he was 25 or so. he has done well outside of ATL also, and even if he isnt as spectacular he can still definitely help. second his contract is not big, and i dont see how adding him could be a bad thing. not adding another reliever is way worse than making this deal. i dont get it, i cant be the only one who thinks this way.

as for everyone talking about how the yankees havent done anything yet, stop panicking. the idea that they are going to be a failure because they havent spent 734324 million dollars or traded half the team. im not unhappy, just because they havent found 3 perfect players and reeled them all in doesnt mean they are [censored] up or the next season is doomed. really pessimistic fans who are always criticizing the team if they dont do perfect (there are so many in yankeeland) really piss me off. im not unhappy with the offseason and i like the farnsworth move. im not under the illusion that farnsworth will be godlike, but im happy we got him.