View Single Post
Old 11-21-2004, 06:38 PM

Default Re: AT UTG 3-handed even stacked

[ QUOTE ]
no, not a push hand (in my book). This a hand that you can play better by raising 3x bb and seeing what they do on the flop. Especially at this buyin. Keep this in mind, someone is a lot more willing to call an allin with 44 pf than after the flop. If the flop comes KQ7, you bet, they're gonna have a hard time calling. Since you do have about 10x bb it's close. But in my opinion, people's flop decisions are so poor at lower buyins, you're better off seeing a lot more flops and worse off pushing allin pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is definitely a raise situation, and I think it's a marginal choice between all-in and 3 x bb. By raising all-in with this hand you've made AJ make a decision for all his chips. Some might lay it down (although maybe not at $6). You also make small pairs make the same tough decision.

By raising 3xbb, you're making it much easier for AJ to call and see the flop, same with 44. And, you're inviting a bigger (or smaller) hand to reraise all-in and put you to a decision. This can be also be a good thing, because if a tight player reraises you all-in with a really big hand, you can get away from it.

Tough call either way. Good arguments both ways if you ask me. Since he had AJ...you should have folded... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Play well,

CCC