View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 10:45 AM

Default Re: More money to be made in MTT than SNG\'s?

Well...at least to me... MTT's can be VERY profitable. Bigger return on the investment, but more time invested as well. ( Like someone said though it might even out time wise ).

I am by NO means a pro. But even I have managed to win 2 MTT's in the last year ( @ $10k ) plus 3 final tables and by my stat book over 30 finishes in the money.

I only started keeping track in Nov of 04, but since then I've made a bit over $11k on MTT's. This is over and above all buy in's / entry fee's. This is just MTT's.

So like I said I'm no pro.

But I've played in 5 in the last month...working on REALLY playing the ONE tourney and taking plenty of notes on the players...I've moneyed 4 of 5.

I like a SUPER tight / aggressive style until after the first break. Then I'll add maybe 5 hands to my start list until the 2nd break.

Seems like if I wait on STRONG hands, and stop limping in with crap like KJ, or KTs etc... I don't have to question in my mind ( most times ) if I have the best hand or not. And the strong hands will still get paid.

The time to get AGGRESSIVE ( if you have the chips or if you need 'em ) is when the bubble is approaching...especially when it goes hand to hand play. Pick on the short stacks and the medium stacks. They don't want to fight, they just want to money...

Once the bubble ends. TIGHTEN BACK UP and wait on monsters. Because all the short to medium stacks figure they are in the money now, they have nothing to lose, and they see the blinds getting bigger so they will be going in hard looking to double up. When the small stacks start to fade...then you can settle and find the tight / passive players ( steal blinds ) and the loose cannons... ( who will pay you big on your good hands ).

The variance is this.

In EVERY tourney, live or online, that I've won or done well in... my tourney life ( or close to it ) has come down to a coin flip AT LEAST 4-5 times. If this is not, you're lucky and probably getting good cards.

HTH