Default Re: Mad? Write to Congress

Here's a great one I found on congress.org
also, there is now a website for us angry people: make them accountable
----

To:
President George Bush

September 4, 2005

Mr. President,

I am an 81 year old Republican going blind. I have enough sense to know and hear enough to be disgusted with your reticence that you have not moved quickly to this disaster. You and your super rich cronies have siphoned off enough American money and liberties. You all have allowed Vicente Fox to send their citizens into our country, putting out the Red Carpet, giving them free health care, housing, welfare and education. Let alone housing their violent criminals! You have used the term of these illegal immigrants as DISPLACED IMMMIGRANTS!

You call OUR AMERICAN CITIZENS of this country as REFUGES! How dare you to be so callous! You are our leader, so called leader, should you not have given them the rightful name as DISPLACED AMERICAN’S?

I am requesting the appointed positions of FEMA – Mike Brown, what’s his name, and Homeland Security director –Mr. Michael C., Completely out of it, FIRED! Clearly you all were warned 5 days in advance that this storm had the potential it had. It was all over our so called media! You all did nothing! After it hit …YOU ALL DID NOTHING! I have also have heard on our so called media, hearing these men being interviewed saying we didn’t know people were at the convention center etc,…Excuse me Mr. President you flew over and wave to those poor American’s that have been responsible for building such a great country that we American’s have today; they have parent and children in our military. In fact MR. PRESIDENT I THINK WITH ALL THE OTHER DIRTY DEEDS YOU HAVE COMMITTED IN OFFICE I THINK YOU AND YOUR CABINET SHOULD RESIGN! We need to have our official to think clearly and react quickly! You all have demonstrated your lack of ability of thinking clearly, and your ability to react quickly. As a citizen in the United States I feel this nation is in jeopardy with you at the helm.

I live in California and I have served in the Navy, my husband in the Air Force, My father served in the Signal Corp, and was a General. I also, lost a precious brother in law in WWII. I am ashamed of the response – Had President Roosevelt not acted so swiftly and with competence and those appointed we would have not won the war.

I shudder to think if California was hit by a huge earthquake, we would be forgotten too in favor of vacations and more important commitments? i.e., Ms. Rice buying shoes, Cheney planning for a nuclear attack on United States so we can go into Iran.

The best thing you did was to appoint the General in charge of the troops in Louisiana who told his troops them to PUT DOWN THEIR GUNS! He wants the effort to be a HUMANITARIAN ACTION. You and your father and your international friends are in favor of a ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT, did you all figure that our fellow American down in Louisiana and Mississippi were expendable?

All I can say is it is too late for so many-You are trying to save face by finally going down to the ravaged area for a photo op. Shameful! You should have been down there helping people on the buses and calling for support on the first day rather that taking valuable efforts of recovery and rescue agencies for your photo shots several day later when our American’s were dying in the streets.

You lied to the American people! You stated that,” nobody anticipated the breech of the levees.” George Jr. you are a bold face liar!
A June 8, 2004, New Orleans Times-Picayune article noted: "For the first time in 37 years, federal budget cuts have all but stopped major work on the New Orleans area's east bank hurricane levees." The article quoted the manager of the Army Corps of Engineers' Lake Pontchartrain levee project saying that "people should know that this is a work in progress, and there's more important work yet to do before there is a complete system in place." A Corps senior project manager added, "When levees are below grade, as ours are in many spots right now, they're more vulnerable to waves pouring over them and degrading them." And Jefferson Parish emergency management chief Walter Maestri told the paper: "It appears that the money [for hurricane-protection efforts] has been moved in the president's budget to handle homeland security and the war in Iraq, and I suppose that's the price we pay. ... Nobody locally is happy that the levees can't be finished, and we are doing everything we can to make the case that this is a security issue for us."
The buck stops with you! You cannot shift the blame on the State’s or their local official. Are you not Commander and Chief?
I cannot support any of you for your disservice to our Citizens!
Why have you not taken any international support and Medical help and supplies?
Your Cabinet and Tony Blair have been indited; you and your Cabinet need to answer Special Prosecutor’s Fitzgerald!
Like so many American’s I too will be opening up an escrow account, I will not be paying my taxes until you answer to Special Prosecutor Fitzgerald for High Crimes and Treason!
Sir you are a disgrace to the human race!
Mary J. Mallon

Lagunawoods , CA