View Single Post
Old 09-04-2005, 01:13 AM

Default Mad? Write to Congress

I want to encourage everyonoe here with an opinion about how New Orleans' disaster was handled to write to their representatives.

One good resource is congress.org

Then, post what you wrote.

I'll start:

Dear Representative/ Senator/ President ____,

I write to ask you to increase federal aid and accept some or all of the international aid offered to help Hurricane Katrina victims. Americans across the country have already contributed to this disaster through taxes going to FEMA. Many of them are now contributing through donations.

We now need to accept all the help we can because this Hurricane should not burden future generations by borrowing money from them in the form of a national deficit.

Please accept the help that is being offered by the International Community. We should be proud Americans, but not too proud to accept genuine offers of help when we can use it.

Likewise, please ensure that the money relief goes to actual victims and not siphoned off by corporations such as Halliburton.

Some of my family lost their homes to this flood. Please don't let them suffer more by making them wait forever for financial relief to relocate or by under funding the relief effort.

Thank you,
_____