Thread: luck luck luck
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 07:30 PM

Default Re: luck luck luck

[ QUOTE ]
hey, I have a friend whose nickname is duck. He plays poker in a retarded way, like raising all in with nothing off flops, and he always wins on closed straight draws and the like. He has beaten rockets with 6-3 offsuit and he beats me in that way pretty consistently. We have started calling him luck instead of duck. I always make the right plays against him but always lose, has anyone had similar experiences or advice?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unlikely. I forget who it was who said it back in the kurosh/neverwin thread, but as poker players we find it very easy to see where our opponents are playing wrong, and very very difficult to see where we have made mistakes. While your friend may be bad at poker, if he is consistently beating you, then you are doing something wrong, and it is possible that he is in fact good at poker, and you just don't realize it. Re-analyze your game, pay attention to where and how he's beating you, ask yourself if you're really playing those situations correctly, read a book (I recommend SSHE to start off with).