View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 04:04 AM

Default Re: LA Weekly-Phil Helmuth Article(very long)

[ QUOTE ]
Phil Hellmuth is arguably one of the five or 10 or 20 best poker players in the world, depending on how you do the handicapping (he thinks of himself as simply No. 1

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

[ QUOTE ]
One white-haired woman, a hippie-ish homeopathic doctor from Oregon, tells me she wants to quit medicine to play tournament poker full time. “It’s a lot more fun than what I do now,” she says. “And I can make a lot more money.”

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

[ QUOTE ]
Chris Hindle, a 21-year-old British law student (make that former law student), has a similar yen. “I started watching poker about a year ago, and Phil was one of the first players I noticed,” he says. “I was studying law, but decided I didn’t want to go into it. I’ve been playing poker online and doing pretty well. I paid for this camp with student loan assistance. Over there they give you about a thousand pounds for the semester, so I took it and treated myself to this.”

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

[ QUOTE ]
A full hour on why sunglasses are so cool

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

[ QUOTE ]
Chris “Jesus Christ” Ferguson

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

I enjoyed this read and on a strategical note the stuff about the tells is actually very informative and interesting. On another strategical note the guy who wrote this article sucks at poker.