View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 04:32 AM

Default Re: I think I have to quit...(NC)

Well, and this was also part of my point. If I can't handle the swinsgs on a day that I still made a profit...then I clearly have problems with the swings in SNGs.
I don't know...for whatever reason, it just isn't the same. Before trying my hand at SNGs, I played over 30k hands of NL25, and over 10k hands of NL50. I played 8-10 tables. That typically comes out to about 300-450 hands an hour. I rarely ever felt the swings.
In an SNG, you win a hand early and double up...you don't have anything to show for it if you take a terrible beat 10 minutes later when it really matters and you bust out 4th, or when this happens all night and you keep getting 3rd and 2nd and spinning your wheels.
In ring games, when I have 8 tables up and going...I'm busting on some tables but doubling up on others...grinding up and down on some as well...There is immediate reward when I double up...
In an SNG, I can double up early...grind down some, double up again, and still finish 4th place for net loss of $22. In cash games its different, unless of course you are getting some insane action on one paticular table.
Clearly, puting this in the SNG forum is asking for an ass-kicking...but, I do deserve it..I am a baby.