Thread: JTo in LP
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 03:00 PM

Default Re: JTo in LP

I raise this pre-flop pretty much never.

Given that you raised, however, I like the way you played the rest of the hand.

That flop hit a reasonable portion of your raising hand range, so villain is going to be worried unless he hit really strongly. With the gutshot, you know you can call a 3-bet here profitably if it happens, and you'd really like to get BB out of the hand. I like this raise.

I probably bet this on the turn, too, but I don't really like it. If it were heads up, I'd like it more, but 3-way it feels iffy. BB cold-calling two on the flop screams flush-draw, though, and I really don't want to give a free card. Keeping the pressure on UTG+1 is also good. I would grimace and probably fold to a raise here as that implies I am very behind and have at most 4 outs.

On the river, I think the odds of getting a better hand to fold are pretty low. No read on UTG+1, so it's hard to know what % of his hand range you're ahead of here. Add in the fact that the flush just came in and I think this is a pretty clear check-behind situation.

I expect to be shown KJo or a busted straight draw (KTo) pretty often here. Pretty common to see a flush, too, I think, hoping to c/r you on the end knowing you possibly fold to a donk bet given the amount of aggression you've shown so far.

This will be a good hand to learn a fair bit about the villain.