View Single Post
Old 06-26-2004, 04:24 PM

Default Re: Who\'s tournament advice would you listen too

well i like player b... often ...i look at people who play real loose building a big stack early on and i check to see if they actually do come in the money... Often than not they rarely make it to the final table because they keep playing the same way throughout the game. Sometimes if it is a rebuy tourney i see them have a 10x lead over the whole table. When i check to see if they came in the money they often did not place and if they did it's usually not 1st place. They spent way more than what their actual winnings ...They usually get all cocky and don't know how to protect their big stacks. When they finally meet someone with half their stack and try to take em out...they find themselves giving half their chips to the opponent. They are not the big stack anymore. If you are playing aggressively with nothing...your basically playing with luck...so if your real lucky then you might win..The question is would you rather play with luck or skill? If you rather play with luck then u might as well play craps or something that doesn't require some amount of skill. Don't get me wrong i love luck. It will usually double triple your stack.
I've seen things like KK vs AA vs 44. yeah the 44 won..and he tripled his stack, but how often does that happen? The next time he goes all in with his small pockets..more than likely he will be losing half his chips or more..and if he does win again..it's just his day..

I think you need a little of both luck and skill. Luck will increase your chip stack fast, but the only way to protect it is with skill.. That's why being able to read people is important in poker... if you have small pockets and u think they have two overcards...you might want to take a shot if things like pot odds u have a overly big stack..things like that match up..there your a slight favorite..but if u think the guy has KK and u push in with your small pockets that's just plain dumb...when they have 80% to win over your small pockets.