View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 01:25 AM

Default Re: A correct slowplay

Villian probably should have capped, although if Villian had superhuman card reading skills a call might become correct. A slow played AA or TT are the only hands that I win with, and considering the range of hands that I would play similarly this should be a cap, but it would be close. Most people (including myself unfortunately) would probably cap without even thinking. Villian is either seeing monsters and playing weak here or picked up an excellent read on me. Villian is a Party 2/4 regular multitabler who I've played with on many occassions, so I'd have to lean towards the latter, although I have a hard time believing that anyone who plays Party 2/4 could be good enough to narrow down my hand that well. I think what most likely happened was a combination of both. Villian probably realized I would have raised the flop with AK or AQ, and realized the raise on the rag turn meant I was slowplaying something. Although I still have AT enough times here to make capping marginally profitable, the thought of AA was probably running through Villian's mind at the time which swung the decision to a call. That's my theory anyways.