View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 12:09 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: Stud vs Hold Em (My Theory)

Stud you have more information available to you. But the thing is, all the Hold 'Em monkeys don't have the attention span to remember the cards that have been folded, or to calculate all their outs.

They aren't used to all that information. They see A/K offsuit in the hole and they go nuts. Just like all the monkeys trying to play hands like A/K/9/7 rainbow in Omaha 8.

Hold 'Em has brought an awful lot of weak players into our world, including non-hold 'em tables. I'm happy for it. I was primarily a Study player before the Hold 'Em boom, and then I learned Omaha 8 after that.

A good limit Hold 'Em player makes about 1-2 BB's/100 hands from what I've seen. A good Omaha 8 limit player makes 4-5 BB's/100 hands. And the Pot Limit guys I've seen making 10 BB's or more in Omaha 8, although that game has a bit more risk involved because of the pot limits.

I find it extremely easy to multi-table Omaha hi/lo limit games and play on auto-pilot for an easy profit. It's not "glamorous" like Hold 'Em tournaments, and the payouts aren't as large. But the profits are more reliable/stable and I'm playing to make money, not gain fame.