View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 07:38 AM

Default My experience with both games

I've played hold-em for the past four years. It took me almost two years before I felt comfortable with the game and before I was able to beat 10-20 games online. I started playing stud about six months ago and currently play a mixed 50-100 game hold-em/stud twice a week along with a 75-150 mixed game once a week. I have done very well in the games to this point but am wary of my results because of the high variance in Stud. However, the transition to Stud has been much smoother than I had anticipated. The game seems more intuitive and there seems to be much more information readily available than in hold-em. I also have a fairly good memory which has contributed to my success. There's also no question that playing and studying hold-em/poker psychology/reading people for the past four years has contributed greatly to my stud game but I still feel that if I had started with Stud, I would have progressed much more quickly than I have with hold-em. Honestly, I'm glad that I started with the "tougher" game or my poker game wouldn't be where it is today. Now if I could just figure out how to play Omaha 8 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Tony