View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 12:22 PM

Default Re: OK, these are the hands that may be costing me an extra 2BBs each

As you know, this situation is heavily player dependent. You need to understand what he thinks of your ability to fold on the turn. This will help you get an idea of what he can 3 bet with.

Villian will raise this flop with any pair. Some players will call the 3 bet flop and call down with any pair , many will call the 3bet flop and fold the turn or river.

If you don't 3 bet, JT will probably raise the flop, bet the turn and check the river.

I find it common for the flush draw to 3 bet the turn if he also has a pair. Top pair with the flush draw will be frequently 3 betting the turn.

Does the villian have a straight, two pair or trips enough for you to fold here? I don't think so.
Usually, the villian needs to be very tight and predictable for you to fold this turn.

BTW, if this player is too aggro, I would consider check calling down after he flop-raises. If he was too aggro, I wouldn't be comfortable checkraising the turn since he knows that his 3 bet puts you in a hard spot that will cause many tight players to make the mistake of folding. So basically, if he is a tough aggro he will folding to your checkraise and he will 3 betting light more often than we would like.