Thread: Common Hand 1
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2005, 11:21 AM

Default Re: Common Hand 1

[ QUOTE ]
Hi guys, I'm trying out the 15 game on party. I'm used to the 10-20 6max and need help figuring out how to adjust to the differences. I know people in this forum are often bored by routine hands, but this is exactly where I need feedback. Please help me out if you can.

For this particular hand, let's say UTG+1 is an unknown, which happens very often since I haven't gathered many hands at the 15 game yet. Thoughts on this line?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, CO calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, CO calls, Hero folds.

River: (12 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO folds.

Final Pot: 13 BB

[/ QUOTE ]
Against a sane opponent this is a good fold on the turn. You are getting the odds to draw to a five outer, but you are very unlikely to have even 3 outs in this situation. The only hand the villain can have that makes it correct to draw against is AA, but even in that rosy scenario, the King of diamonds is probably not an out given the tenacity of the CO in this hand. With no read, the likely hands of the villain given this action are AA,KK,QQ,TT,AQ,KQ. You are not correct to draw against that range even though you are getting 12-1 to call. This is a classic "book" fold. But the problem here is that party doesnt play by the book. A specific read could easily change this from a fold to an easy call.