View Single Post
Old 06-26-2003, 03:53 AM

Default Re: Suggestions for WPT next year- starting a list

My only suggestion is to eliminate the "10:58 rule" -- have the hand that wins the tournament occur somewhere between 10 and 20 minutes (vary it for drama and suspense) before the scheduled end of the program, instead of in the last two minutes every damn time.

They could use the last 10-20 minutes to do some hand-by-hand analysis with one or two of the final table players. It would give a bit of insight into their thinking (assuming they're doing any), and it might be educational for those viewers who aren't regular or experienced players (and maybe even a few who are). They could feature a hand or two that wasn't shown previously in the broadcast, or a hand from before the final table (if they have footage).

Even if they choose to retain the 10:58 finish, maybe they could use the "Poker Corner" feature (or something similar) to allow a pro to illustrate or explain a particular strategy or point by analyzing an actual hand from the broadcast.

nails

BTW, in some sort of WPT Google search I was doing, I ended up at a Texas Longhorn football discussion group that had strayed off into a poker tangent. One of the posters said that Mike Sexton looked "disturbingly" like a white Colin Powell. LOL.