View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 05:50 AM

Default Re: My thoughts

Carlos,

I really appreciate your thoughts in this post due to the fact that you have to be the expert shorthanded stud player on 2+2 if there is one. I guess its a good thing I agree with what you said.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't agree with what Jeffage said about betting 6th again if you get called and then checking the river. Since Mike is representing a strong hand with the 5th st. raise (like Ts up) the opponent calling on 5th should be scary since the chances of him having just 4s go down with the call (because he will fold just 4s a good amount of the time). So, you might be against 2 pair on 5th.

If he catches a paint on 6th it has a high probablity of having paired him and there is a good chance you will get check raised on 6th. If it doesn't pair him you are only slightly ahead so giving a free card is not bad, plus it might induce him to bluff the river unimproved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting any non-paint card was my exact plan for sixth street. Of course this makes total sense seeing how I'm going with my read that he just limped with high cards. Jeffage wrote a quick response but I'm pretty sure he wasnt betting into any paint if checked to on sixth.

You also brought up a valid point about being behind on fifth if called. I actually would be worried in a tough game, perhaps the shorthanded 30-60 you play in on stars, but in this game I think I dont have as much to fear. Thnaks again for the analysis, Carlos. It helps to know what you think about this hand.

Mike Emery