View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 12:07 PM

Default Re: Results and my thoughts of the hand.....

This is classic "Donator" thinking. Thank you for keeping food on my table.... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].. Seriously though I like 4th street. Shorthanded you can't let people push you around. There is a line in 7CS4AP that says something like "Sometimes you need to splash the pot around against aggressive players to stop them from getting value with their semi bluffs". This could be one of those situations.

5th street is definitely either fold or raise. Calling is really terrible. I only learned 1 thing from the Barry Greenstein book "Ace on the River", and that's you're better off attempting to make the right play rather than settling on something in between. In this hand either you are ahead or way behind. When you are ahead you can't let your opponent get a shot at catching one of his overcards and beating you. When you're behind it's better off finding out now than later.

Personally I still think I would fold 5th street, but then again im the biggest wuss on partypoker. I guess I'll end this post with a quote from rounders:

"You can't make what you don't put in the middle"