View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 04:19 PM

Default Re: poker academy pro

[ QUOTE ]

I have had three recent experiences in which the computer would call my all-in, twice before the flop and once after, with hands that that just didn't seem to justify it.
For example, I held kk before the flop, was in middle position and went all in hoping to induce a call, I was called, with 55. the rest of the hand went my way.

my deepest thanks,
Cambraceres

[/ QUOTE ]

So you raised hoping to induce a call and got called and then you write that the PAP AI shouldn't have called. That makes no sense to me at all.

Also, not all bots adapt to your play. I believe only the Xenbots do. Some are still formula/mathmatically driven bots.

No AI is going to play poker like a human being, at least not with the software available today. I would suggest upgrading to PAP v2 and playing online (for free) against other PAP 2 owners. That will get you more realistic play before you go online and play for money.

They have a tiered table system and a rating system to try to get people to play more realistically. It seems to play more realistic than the play money tables at most sites, IMO.

Good luck!