View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Am I one of THEM?

So I was playing 3-6 in a brick and mortar earlier this week when I found myself in an interesting scenario. We were playing 9-handed, the dealer has to post a live $3 bet, and there were at least 6 people in on every flop and normally about 3 left by the river.

In this particular hand, UTG calls, UTG+1 raises, two people cold-call, one folds, and then the action is to me one off the button. There was $25 in the pot at that point and it would cost me $6 to call. The table was generally pretty passive and fishy. UTG+1 was the type of player who liked to play 96o utg because "69 never loses" and had raised previously from OOP with A2s and 66.

So I take a look at my cards and see J9s. What would you guys do here? I elected to flat call and in hindsight I probably should have folded. I contemplated raising to get out the blinds and the dealer's 3 chips, but then I reasoned that they probably wouldn't want to miss out on this "action" hand. I was also a bit scared of a cap behind me or from the original bettor.

How bad was my call? I was thinking that I could take down a huge pot here, but now I'm scared that I was just chasing the "action". The flop was kind to me, but I'm trying not to be too results oriented, so any comments would be appreciated.