View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 05:31 PM

Default Re: 22 - QQ overpair wuss fold

[ QUOTE ]

well if you didnt think it was right, it would seem pretty silly for you to persist in the taking of it and the belief that it wasnt costing you money =/ but whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said it hadn't cost me money. It is possible that if I do it 1000 times it will cost me money. My line is based on my experience in the past. If the majority has a different experience, it would make sense to draw the conclusion that my results are not representative and I am making the wrong play.

[ QUOTE ]
i think minraises in the 22s can mean any number of things in the 22s, and until proven otherwise, i assume they mean that either

a) they THINK they are very strong, which may or may not mean they actually are very strong;

b) they are trying to "find out where they are" for cheap; or

c) they are a donk that thinks a minraise bluff is effective (which it apparently is, at least potentially).

also, raising more preflop doesnt announce your hand, because you (should) make the same raise with every hand in your raising range at this level. it's a good way to build a pot when donks will happily call the extra 30 chips with AJ, QJ, KT, and all kinds of silly hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that all these three are reasonable explanations for a minraise. Another is that they want to build a pot without scaring people off.

I think many low limit 2+2ers have different raise amounts for AA-QQ and the other hands they want to raise with at these limits. The conventional wisdom has been to raise extra with your monsters because the donks at the 11s and 22s will call anyway.