View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: AQo - Can you fold this river?

I want the extra money in with the BB calling, because he's an unknown and lots of unknowns at Party 5/10 will call with 77 or a suited connector. Kind of similar to what you said in the OP, except I don't think the mere call makes him bad. If I have reason to think he's tight, reason to think he may fold AJo and/or doesn't have a PP under TT, then calling becomes better. Offsuit hands play better with less people in the pot, and if you're at the point where you're worried about domination, then you don't want to be building pots.

Heads up I cap usually. If his PFR were under 10 or so I might not. Against this guy, I don't know what his 3-betting range is. I'm not thrilled about my AQo but I'm not in bad shape either. I commented about AQo in another thread in medium stakes. My position is that if there's a spot where you show strength with AK and not AQ, and your opponents pick up on it, then you're wearing an "I don't have an Ace" sign on your head in situations where you cap and the flop is A-high. So you must be wary of doing this. Until I analyze these situations in more detail I'm living by this rule.

You might want to try PokerStoving it. It's fun and you get a feel for these situations.