View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 03:35 AM

Default Re: A Question for Christians

[ QUOTE ]
No, scientific thinking which offers an objectivity unparalled was and is necessary for the progression of mankind. You could say that mankind,via materialistic science, has left the cognition of spiriatuality and in the process each individual gains a sense of self which is on the road to "freedom". No conspiracy here, the scientists are not bad guys, but an objectification of the spiritual is necessary for our time and through this training in thinking mankind will progress.
A medicine can affect your feelings but it does not mean that the feelings are localized in the brain. The correct understanding is to consider the world of feelings as the rhythmic manifestation of the human being. Consider a Shakespherean actor who holds his heart when expressing his love for the lady.It would be best to look at yourself and gain an understanding as to where your feelings lay.

To clarify, a thought indeed has a feeling and willing aspect to it and these 3 soul expressions are intermixed and not separate throughout the body. In order to have a thought it must be willed and there is a corresponding feeling to it. LIkewise a feeling contains a thought and will aspoect but it is not so clear and vague which is the nature of our feelings. The will is the most mysterious of the human being as the movement of your leg contains a big gap between the thought which initiates the activity and the completed activity.

Experience a Beethoven symphony or the works of Wagner and ask whether your head is getting the major feeling.This is not to say that you can't experience feelings in your head(try reading Aquinas and get the "big head" [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] but there is a rhythm associated with the nervous system as with the heart and circulatory system as well as our digestive system. These rhythms are not products of the physical expressions but vice versa(I know this can be expressed a little better).

"I AM the I AM"-our "I" is the spiritual aspect of our being which can be likened to a drop of divinity in the ocean of the spirit. Not "just a word" but a reality of which we human beings are.

carlo

[/ QUOTE ]

Carlo,

This seems like pontificating to me. You are making all sorts of fantastic explanations and claims of reasons by way of supposedly facts without quoting any reference or authority! I presume you have a direct line of communication established with the "Know-all". [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

By the way, have you ever beed abducted by aliens as well, or can you as easily explain this phenomena in a similarly as coherent way?

[ QUOTE ]
Sleep may help as for good reason it has been called the "little death". To our everyday thinking it is a great mystery for how much is known about sleep? Modern scientists use electrodes and offer REM,etc. but this goes no furthur than offering a material understanding via another materiality.

In sleep our soul/spiritual being leaves the body and what you see sleeping on a bed are the physical body and what could be called the formative force body which contains our memories and is expressed in pictures. Upon sleep consciousness changes and the individual finds himself in the "Bosom of the Godhead" for want of a better term. You are now outside your physical/formative force body which is a change of consciousness. In this "bosom" one finds the angelic beings who have since the beginning of time offered sacrifice in order to bring the human divine spirits to their destiny. Christianity and other religions have a rich history of names for these beings and they are real and aid in sleep and in death. You really are a "Child of God".

Went a little over the edge on this one but let it be known that you are cared for in sleep and in death.

[/ QUOTE ]

This one really tops the lot of them and really is the one that got my attention and forced my relying (I could really not help myself). "The little death" etymology seems to have escaped your usual references implied accuracy. It is a direct translation of the french "La petite Mort" and its import and meaning is somewhat different to sleep. FYI, it refers to the post coital and post ejaculation, or post oragsmic, period of time for a man, where he would rather stay still and reviewing the experience just had, than pander to the woman need for re-assurances. LOL

You sound quite young Carlo. Good luck with your angels etc...