View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 10:29 PM

Default Re: The turn is the key

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Bet the turn - make him play your "pocket pair." You have position - use it. IMO turn check was weak tight. If you are called on the turn consider even betting the river because you are HU. People believe that players bluff less on the river, and that belief makes it effective when you have position - sell KK not AK in your betting. This worked for me last game when my last win was with high pockets pairs that I raised and showed for win. Then, I came back with raising AKo in a hand just like this and better hands folded because I had position and a history of betting solid PP's in my favor. I didn't have to even show that I had no pairs. Was this a time to "cash in" on your "table image?" It was for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is misguided. You bet AK on the turn because it is usually the best hand and you will get called by worse ones, not because you are (semi) bluffing a high pair. You are unlikely to fold a better hand, but you are quite likely to get called by a worse one. Pretending AK is KK is a mistake new players make and changing your way of thinking (while realising AK itself has value) will improve your results.