View Single Post
Old 12-17-2004, 02:58 AM

Default relative talent level

I'm wondering what people think of the $1/$2, and $2/$4 no limit play at various web sites. I play $1/$2 on Ultimate Bet, Party Poker, and Poker Stars, and will be making the jump to $2/$4 sometime before spring training. Here is what I've found:

UB: I play here the most, so I am most comfortable with the software and players. I hardly ever feel like the game is not going to pay me big time.

Party: Seems to be the fishiest site I've played so far. If only they had mini-view [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Poker Stars: This is the site that bothers me. I look at the flops seen % and many times it's in the low 20's. I know flops seen % is not a great indicator of talent, but it does tell me there is not going to be a great deal of dead money in the pot, and I'm most likely not going to be in a multi way pot, which is what I want.

I haven't played too much on Stars up to this point, so these are just early reflections. And I have made a little money there (so far). What are your thoughts on the play at Stars, and all the other sites with $2/$4 no limit (especially Paradise and Empire)?