View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 12:40 PM

Default Re: Funny conversation (OT, low content)

I am not entirely surprised at the responses this has received so far. I thought about not posting it because I wasn't interested in getting flamed but finally decided to because I genuinely thought it was funny. If someone got a laugh out of it, great.

To all those who criticized my table behavior, I think you are making assumptions about the table and the session.

Prior to the hand I wrote about the player who I called Villain had been shooting his mouth off and whining about bad beats and the poor play of others. Furthermore, it was apparent that if he was incensed further he would continue to make bad plays and lose his money. Thus my table talk after the hand should be construed as an attempt to keep him on tilt.

As it happens, this was effective as he busted out a few hands later. Maybe I should have mentioned that I busted him out a few hands later when I raised in EP with AKo and he called with A4o.

Now, I don't think he would have called me there with that hand had he not been wanting to get even.

Maybe I'm in the wrong forum now (psychology) but it is my opinion that table talk can be an effective weapon, as much as bets and raises. I am interested in using all the tools at my disposal and am willing to engage in some table talk (within reason - I am NEVER personally insulting) if I think it is EV+.