View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 12:46 AM

Default Re: SB gets flush and gutshot draws on flop facing a cap....

First, I'm not a big fan of completing here with 2 limpers. You are out of position and must make a hand in order to win; there's little chance of you winning with a bluff. However, you are suited (I'd like it better if there was a straight possibility too), so why not give it a whirl?

Your call of the cap on the flop was nice, especially if you are pretty sure that BB and MP1 will call as well. I wouldn't put anyone on A-Q suited, as I would expect most players at $2/$4 limit on Party to raise preflop with that holding.

I liked your bet on the turn, even though BB and MP1 ended up folding. You had the other 3 players raising after you on the flop, when you hit the best possible card for your hand. It is very unlikely that anyone is holding 6-7 for a higher straight, and it is likely that one of them has an Ace for the sucker straight. You have the best hand, and is already large, so I like the bet on the flop. I'm deeply confused by the play of BB and MP1 b/c they are willing to call a capped flop but fold to 1 bet on the turn. I would have expected one or both of them to call, and perhaps CO would raise. I don't like checking the turn, even though CO capped the flop. If you check, BB and MP1 are likely to check to CO since he capped the flop. If CO checks too, you've lost out on bets, and if CO bets, what can you do? If you'd just call, why not bet out? If you'd check-raise, you'd be forcing BB and MP1 to call 2 BBs, effectively forcing them to fold when you'd rather have them stick around.

River bet was again good. You made your flush and you must bet it for value here.