View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Cold calling preflop maniacs

If you can outplay him postflop my answers go like this.

[ QUOTE ]
If I'm first to act after the preflop maniac has raised, should I reraise almost all hands? if so when should I not?

[/ QUOTE ]

If the table will let you isolate:
Yes I would say only play hands you can reraise him with but this range is wide when he raises that much. Mine is something like 88+, A9s+ (sometimes A8s), ATo+, KJo+, and any suited cards higher then ten.

If the table will not let you isolate: (many will call 3 cold)
play pretty much the same hands you would against any other raiser. Coldcall with a few more suited hands then you normally would since the table will not respect his raises and give you good multi-way action, but try and keep it to hands with high card strength as well.

[ QUOTE ]
If there's a loose caller in it how should this affect my play?

[/ QUOTE ]
I usually go to standard coldcalling range if isolation is imposible.

[ QUOTE ]
If I'm OTB first to act after the preflop maniac has raised what hands can I play.

[/ QUOTE ]
Only hands you can 3bet (see my range above). **Do not give the blinds good odds to come along.

[ QUOTE ]
How does the blinds style affect my play?

[/ QUOTE ]
I assume you mean "if the blinds will come along anyways, how does this affect my play". If so keep to the basic coldcalling/3beting range that you would against a normal raiser. Maybe add a few that are suited and high cards.

[ QUOTE ]
Is there another thread on this?

[/ QUOTE ]
Umm maybe [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

If you can't outplay him postflop I say get away from that table.

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A word of warning. Playing back at these guys drives variance through the roof, do so at your own risk and if you can handle the swings. You can make a ton of money playing these guys well, but if they're on a streak or your on tilt you can loose a stack quickly too.