View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 12:16 PM

Default Re: How much $$ do the top online players earn?

I guess it's a good question but the real question has to be, How much money can you make next year online? Personally for myself I'm still new, very new, less than 8 months playing No Limit, so I'll be happy if I break even next year, possibly if I earn up to $10,000 maybe.

I think it is also a bad idea to say oh there is a guy out there that makes 4 million a year online, so I can too. LeBron James was 19 years old when he entered the NBA and started dominating that by no means 19 year old high school basketball players should think they can do the same. Same as you can't look at Gus Hansen and say look how he's able to play anything at anytime and beat up on people with 7,2 I and you can't do it because we do not possess his skill set when it comes to poker. We have to understand ourselves, what our strengths and weaknesses are and formulate a goal based on that.

In the end the sky is the limit. I heard Chris "Jesus" Ferguson say one time that he's playing better poker now than ever before in his life and didn't he win the WSOP in 2000 or come damn close? My point is dedication, love for the game, and consistently studying hands and situations is what will make you better. I don't think 10 years ago anyone asking how much can you make in a year at poker, would of dreamed it would be over $10 million, so who knows? Can't control that, can only control how much better you become as a player.