View Single Post
Old 02-21-2005, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Button Bongo Bonanza at the Bike

Thanks Rick. I'd apologize for screwing up in my original post for my inaccurate description, but if I'd have gotten it right, we would have missed out on your explanation for the "locking up seat 8" scenario. Thanks for that.

Here's what actually happened, as I'm now recalling it. In my original description I said seat 6 moved to my seat, and he in fact did, right away, after having taken his BB in seat 6. But, I know there was someone on the button when I was offering to take the BB in the 7 seat. What I believe happened was that while we were discussing what to do, the guy on the phone sat back down in the 5 seat, and got the button, but slid over to the now empty 6 seat, to take the button there.

What should happen in this scenario? 6 seat with the button, me in the 7 seat, 8 seat having moved from the 6 seat after having taken his BB.

I was thinking I should be able to take the BB in the 7 seat, have the 8 seat wait one hand, and have the 9 seat also take a BB. Then next hand I would get the SB on the button and the 8 seat has the option of buying the button for 6 chips with 2 chips dead. The 9 seat then comes back in as the SB on the following hand with the 8 seat getting the button. In this scenario the 8 seat gets the penalty for leaving on his SB, rather than me.

The floorman made me wait and post the big and small blinds behind the button, by the way.

Sparks