View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Do I need to pay this off??

[ QUOTE ]
Very easy flop check. This is a no-brainer. If I had to fabricate a situation where it was clearly correct to check on the flop after raising PF, it would look almost exactly like this hand.

[ QUOTE ]

If you don't understand this concept I suggest you read any one of the myriad poker books & articles that are available to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, dude. Monty's location shows that he's done more digging around in the archives (an excellent source of poker information) than you ever have. And he's still trying to help you after you kick dirt in his face. I'd be appreciative.

Your arguments against checking:

"Showing weakness" - lol. [censored], I fold 80% of my hands preflop, that's pretty weak isn't it?
"Allowing the others to catch up" - Yeah, we're definitely a huge favorite to win this pot. ...

[/ QUOTE ]

We're not discussing preflop play, we're discusiing postflop play. You are aware there is a difference? Comparing the 2 is like apples and oranges. If you want to discuss Hero's preflop play this raise is marginal at best, but if raised the flop should be bet out.

No we are not a huge favorite to win. That is one of the reasons for betting, to increase our chances of winning.