View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 09:38 AM

Default Re: OK, these are the hands that may be costing me an extra 2BBs each

I'll take a shot at this. I not really a stats guy so I'm not positive that my answer is 100% correct.

PreFlop - Standard

Flop - I'll 3bet this flop and see what he does. If you are capped I think you are behind here more than ahead, though he could also have a AQ. I think finding out how your opponent plays his TPTK in this position will help you the most. Some players will cap AQ/KQ/QJ/QT and some won't so it really depends who you're playing against. If he has a set then you are way behind.

Turn - Instead of raising I would suggest betting out. He's not going to raise you here with less than AQ if he does have it. He might even smooth call the bet fearing that you have a monster and will fear getting 3bet. Would he check-raise here again with just AQ? That's the question you need to figure out. The 3bet from him indicates that you are beat probably by a set so I would fold(two pair is very unlikely since the board looks far apart). His play doesn't scream monster until the 3bet on the Turn. Everything else looks standard.

River - Would you check or bet out in this position? I would fire again if he just calls the Turn, indicating weakness. Anyone want to comment what to do if he raises the River? I don't really know what to do here if the action goes raised. I would probably fold since I can't put him on a hand that I can beat.