View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 10:34 AM

Default Re: Mike Matasow Question (SPOILER)

[ QUOTE ]
Do not read below if you still do not know the results of the WSOP Main Event or the TOC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I put 2+2 together.
I've seen him get taken down hard by Spirit Rock.
His brother mentioned many times at the TOC (in response to Mike discussing his debt) that "Internet poker is the devil."

While he is an action junkie, I think a lot of his problems were probably losses on the internet, at least of late.

If you see him, just ask. He'll tell you and he won't lie. He's honest as can be.

He even apologized to the audience for being boring. He said because everyone was playing great poker (final 3 left, and they were), he really had to concentrate.

Ok, so I read today on ESPN that all the money Matasow made at the final table, over $1 million for 9th place, was quickly gone. I'm assuming to backers and various other shady people. Does anyone know who backed him in the main event, I'm think Sidel, but how much he owed and to whom? I know he went to prison, but the article also said he was dead broke, is that true? Didn't he also make the final table in Aruba? What the hell is he doing with all these millions that he has won? Also how much is he having to pay out from his TOC win? I just don't understand how someone with so much talent is such a loser in life...similar to John Daly, Lawrence Taylor, ect...whats up with these guys?

[/ QUOTE ]