View Single Post
Old 11-05-2005, 03:01 AM

Default Re: The Pats do not \"own\" Peyton Manning.

[ QUOTE ]
The ironic twist to this game is that it is effectively meaningless in the grand scheme of things.
Look at the divisions of these teams and their remaining schedules.
The Colts will be the #1 seed and the Pats will be the #4 seed in the playoffs regardless of the outcome. The Colts do not "have to" win this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I very strongly disagree that this game is meaningless.

The answer lies in the schedules. The Colts have had a soft schedule so far, but it gets much tougher here on out. The Pats are just finishing up the "schedule from hell" and have a much softer schedule to finish the regular season. If the Pats win, I can easily see both teams finishing around 13-3 or 12-4, with the Pats having the tiebreaker. Colts going to New England in January? *shivers*

As for JackOfArcades, I think he is basically saying that Peyton can't take all of the blame for the Colts losses to New England. This firmly lands in the category of "No Sh!t, Sherlock". It's a team game.

Has ANYONE done particulaly well against New England over the past few years? This is a stupid debate. The Patriots are the reigning champs and the Colts are not.