View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 10:19 PM

Default Re: The Pats do not \"own\" Peyton Manning.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Win or lose this game, the Pats are going to win the AFC East and be the 3 seed, that's it. No one expects the Pats to win this game, maybe not even them. No, this game is huge for Indy. Psychologically it is very very important that they collectively and Manning individually prove to themselves/himself that they can beat the Pats.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the kind of thing that sportswriters write and people repeat like it's fact. I doubt Manning will be moping and calling this season a lost cause if they lose Monday. And as much as I would love them to crush NE, the Colts likely won't have to beat the Pats in Foxboro to go to the Superbowl this year. Like I said before, huge difference.

And incidentally, is it Pittsburgh or Denver you're expecting the Pats to beat out for the 3?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you follow this forum you have to know one thing and that is I'm an original thinker. For example:

1. Predicted Shilling would be Sox closer(everyone scoffed)
2. Predicted ortiz would win MVP(everyone scoffed)
3. Predicted Cleveland Indians would collapse and miss playoffs(everyone scoffed)

Believe this: If Indy loses, it will be in Mannings head if it is not already.

Edit: 3 seed is the highest I think the Pats can get. 4 seed is more likely. I'm a big fan but there are just too many holes this year.