View Single Post
Old 02-06-2004, 02:22 PM

Default Looking a gift horse in the mouth wrt ToonsVsZooVsSS

I have to admit that I probably wouldn't be making this post if I had made the final table. I busted out shortly before the break.

I am left with morning after scum feeling in my mouth following this tourney. I do not like True's interface at all. I think that it is hard ot follow the action since the far end of the table is so small, and I don't see any value in having it hide your cards. I think this is another example of trying too hard to mimic a real life situation in a computer game that is obviously not going to have the same capacity.

Still, I could deal with those things. What I can't is that this tournament, for which I had great hopes, has so little play (even barring the SNAFUs that occurred after I was eliminated). The pace was slow, so that we were getting less than 60 hands per hour. The blinds were rising every 13 minutes? At the KOTZ tourneys on P*, they actually extended the levels to 20 minutes for us. All the stake increases were doubling the blinds, I think. And since you start with only 1000 chips, this is a really fast structure. Might as well play a turbo at paradise. Any tournament that will eliminate more than 1/2 the players in less than 60 hands is much too fast. Most of the B&M tourneys I have played in, even small ones, are not this fast.

I hope that True will change their structure or allow us to adapt it, but barring that I hope I never play another tourney there,
Craig