View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 09:36 PM

Default Re: open raising trash on the button

[ QUOTE ]
Why give him a free flop? Your method and mine both cost about the same, I'm just taking my stab before he can see if the flop helps him. I'm assuming your making a PSB on the flop every time. JMO

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of people take someone that only either raises or folds there blind in a heads up sb/bb situation personal. They are gonna start making plays at the sb in position, and pulling all kinds of other stuff. When someone starts doing this to me I start 3 betting in position with all kinds of stuff like suited connectors that I would have just checked, so I am guilty of this myself. I would say probably 80% of the time they stop doing it without a good hand after realizing I will 3 bet them and abuse my position. The really bad and the really good players dont stop, everyone else does. I hardly ever fight back at the button, but if I have positon I will fight.

I do make a psb on a limped flop 80% of the time. I wont do it on a board like 7-8-9 because there are too many cards that could call the bet.

I have found that people get worked up when someone constantly raises their blind in a heads up blind/blind situation but have no problem letting it go if they get to see the flop. Even if they flop middle pair they might not want to get involved with so little in the pot. If it was a raised pot this same person might re-raise.

I hope this makes sense. I think your method is good but there are other blind/blind methods out there, and this one has worked for me.