View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 09:19 PM

Default Re: Observations/Questions from a SH rookie

[ QUOTE ]
-When I have a high pocket-pair and an ace hits on the board, I tense up a bit. Is this natural? It just seems that so many players will play with an Ace. I am still aggressive but if there is much action I will back off and just call down.
-I also seem to play too many hands past the flop when there is a pretty good chance I am beat. The odds are allowing me to keep going though. I still probably need to work on laying it down when the odds are not there.

[/ QUOTE ]

These questions don't really relate specifically to SH. You just need more practice and analysis and eventually you'll feel more comfortable in every situation.

[ QUOTE ]
-I have my auto-rate setting from the full game. I know I need to make some adjustments. The set of rules I used were found in the Poker Tracker Guide. Does anyone know of a good set for the short-handed game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Autorate isn't very useful. Why sum up a player's style when you can use each specific stat to your advantage?

[ QUOTE ]
-What, if any, adjustments do I need to make if the table goes to five-handed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Analagously to how you don't have to make any adjustments from full ring to short handed, you'll just never be 3-off the button ever.

[ QUOTE ]
I was up like 25 BB and thinking I was a six-max badass when variance came and gave me a swift kick in the ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Expect to see daily three digit (BB) swings fairly often. If you aren't prepared for this, SH play isn't for you.