View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 11:40 PM

Default Re: Stars $5R - QQ after rebuy period

What are you afraid of? lets think a sec... (bear with me i am thinking this through as i write)

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]KK or AA- would have re-raised PF, no?
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Set- who plays a set that fast
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]two pair- c'mon... no way.... also too fast for two pair...

I would think the more likely possibilities would be:

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Top pair- there are draws on board, and maybe he thinks a push could scare out JJ or QQ... but i think he'd be too (rightfully) scared of overpairs to shove it there with TPTK
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Low flush draw, straight draw- he could be semi-bluffing with 7-10 outs... there is a double gutshot with 78 out there... but why push? why not bluff with a pot size bet, plan to call a push... maybe check/fold the turn if it doesn't hit... that's how i like to play a draw here...

And those don't really fit the action very well... It smells like a draw... but it'd be a real big one...

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7c8c, 8c9c, JcQc or AcKc/AcQc... all of which he could conceivably have called PF with (though he shoulda re-raised if it was AcKc, imho) leaving you with basicly a coin flip...

He may even be just a little ahead, but there's a little extra in the pot to compensate for that, and the chance that you have him crushed (when he is on a bluff, TPTK, or a weak draw) is a lot bigger than the chance that he has you dead-to-rights (with a set or AA/KK) so it'd be an unquestioably long-run +EV call, imo, but you COULD fold if you were on the bubble or thopught you'd get better chances...

Chips breed chips though, and i like to play with a big stack... i am eager to push. the SB cannot call a push and a call/push without top set or (maybe) an OESFD here, as well, so i don't worry about him.

okay... maybe i'm way off... i'll read the rest of the thread now... intresting post, great hand to practice deductive hand reading on, ty... hope i helped. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]