View Single Post
Old 08-16-2002, 03:21 PM

Default Re: More clueless Bush team behavior...

Al Gore, yeah talk about the dumbing down of America, Dumb and Dumber Part II. I have to believe that the Dems can find a moderate candidate who lacks the prove partisanship of Tom Daschle and the far out liberal theories of years past. So many skeletons can come out of the closest between now and election day, but I agree barring all out war, Bush is in serious trouble because he lacks quality talent on his team that can put out a simple coordinated plan of what things are important, what things are to be focused on, and mostly what things you should NOT say to keep the team with a unified front to the media. With some of the appointments in this cabinet and the broad spectrum of voters that exist within both parties, you would think going forward Presidents could stop doling out cabinet spots to political backers and start giving them to truly competent people, regardless of party. If you support or are against abortion or educational vouchers should have little bearing on your ability to do a job such as Treasury Secretary or Secretary of Transportation. Despite the clear desire of the voters to have a broad-spectrum of beliefs and acceptance of other views, this President and I assume Al Gore seem to be bent on shoving their personal stands down everyone's throat on the assumption that they got some "mandate" just because they were elected as the lesser of two evils. Maybe someday we will be lucky enough to have a leader who realizes that we all have our own views on issues and should be allowed to have a government that respects that by being balanced and avoiding political spectrum except where it is absolutely necessary.