View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 07:41 PM

Default Re: Is Fatalism Worse or Equal to Religion?

<font color="blue"> You are saying something could have happened other than what did happen. </font>

Yes, I understand that I was doing this. For some reason, I can understand the physical (physics?) side of determinism, but have a real hard time getting around the mental aspects of determinism. One pilot who felt under the weather might have decided to call in sick. Another pilot feeling the exact same way, might have sucked it up and decided to go to work anyway.

At some point, I like to think of the effects of the big bang as closed off and not a factor and inside my mind is one of those places. But VERY interesting stuff! Since my mind exists precisely because of the effects of the big bang, can it's actions ever be truly seperated from the cause and effect of the big bang?

I think what we're really getting at is: Can seperate worlds be created outside of the physical properties of the universe (that created it)? Is it possible for the spawning of a new life for example, to create a new world within itself that is distinct and apart of the physical properties that created it?