View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 02:51 AM

Default UB Survey legitimate?

This might be a long shot since most of you are real players, but I've signed up at UB over a year ago and never made a deposit. Earlier today, I got this email:

[ QUOTE ]

Customer Survey Drawing for $200 Cash!

We'd like to take a moment to thank you for choosing to play poker at UltimateBet. We take great pride in providing our customers a safe and fun place to play poker. In an effort to better serve you, we're selecting a group of our customers for a Customer Survey. Just a few quick questions, to see how we're doing. Simply taking a moment to answer our survey will enter your player name into a draw for $200 cash.

This shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes of your time.

Click here to participate in our customer survey for a chance to win $200!

Once you’ve completed the research questions, we will enter you into a draw as a token of our appreciation.

Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey.

Regards,

Caitlyn

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried the link to the survey and had to enter username and password. I tried it several times and it wouldn't accept it. When I signed on to UB with the same password, it worked fine. This kind of scared me for a second. Is this a legitimate email/survey? It's the same email address where I get all my UB spam. At the same time, because I can't get through, it feels like I've been scammed. Any ideas?

I guess it shouldn't matter since I have no money there. I'm just curious why my password isn't accepted.