View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 01:05 AM

Default 5/10, what is the correct raise amount here against a flop steal?

5/10, opponent is tight but can get spunky at times. We both have about 1k, folded around to me and I raise to 40 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], I've started raising any two on the button until the blinds start fighting back. Also helps get me action when I raise in EP with monsters.

Flop J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Sb checks, I bet 80, Sb check-minraises me to 160....

He can do this with any two cards since it's obvious I'm stealing, how much do you reraise? Min re-raising seems stupid, putting in 30 - 50% of my stack also seems stupid, thoughts?

I suppose I could call, if I do, opponent will lead for 2/3 of pot or more on turn, which I will probably be uncomfortable calling with K high...is there anything so wrong with reraising all in? I find it's more likely to get called since it seems like a draw but what other choice do I have? The problem is that if I do reraise all in, if I am called, I am behind...

Thoughts?